Texas Safety Inspection Austin
Newman’s Automotive is an Official Vehicle Inspection Stations licensed by DPS.
Your safety in Texas is a top priority at Newman’s Automotive. All vehicles registered in Texas are required to pass an annual inspection to ensure compliance with safety standards. Newman’s provides the state required safety inspections and emissions to make sure your vehicle complies with federally mandated clean air requirements.
With the new Texas Two-Step Program, you will need to have your vehicle inspected prior to obtaining the proper vehicle registration renewal. Newman’s Automotive is an approved facility in the Texas program and can diagnose and fix all problems on-site.
What Gets Checked During an Inspection?
- Windshield Wipers
- Seat Belts
- Brakes (system) (Parking – beginning with 1960 models)
- Wheel Assembly
- Exhaust System
- Exhaust Emission System (beginning with 1968 models)
- Beam Indicator (beginning with 1948 models)
- Tail Lamps (2); (1) if 1959 model or earlier
- Stop Lamps (3) 1986 and newer; (2) if 1960-1985; (1) if 1959 model or earlier
- License Plate Lamp (1)
- Rear Red Reflectors (2)
- Turn Signal Lamps (beginning with 1960 models)
- Head Lamps (2)
- Motor, Serial, or Vehicle Identification Number
- Gas caps on vehicles 2-24 model years old
- Window Tint
1yr Annual safety inspection certificate
TSI/OBD Annual emission inspection certificate
TL Trailer certificate
MC Motorcycle certificate
Get answers to our most frequently asked questions. Don’t see what you’re looking for? Give us a call at (512) 447-7801! Our friendly staff is always available to answer any of your automotive questions.
FREE 34 Point Inspection With Every Service
Call Us Today To schedule your service
Monday – Friday
7:00am to 6:00pm
3916 Woodbury Dr Austin, TX 78704