Austin Brake Repair & Replacement
It is important that your brakes work in the right way so that you can stop the vehicle when needed. When was the last time you took your car in for brake repair in Austin, TX? Make sure to stay proactive with brake repair to maintain the safety of your car. Here at Newman’s Automotive, we offer brake repair and other types of car maintenance services.
If you are interested in learning more about these services, we invite you to contact us right away! Whether your brakes are having problems or you want to have them checked for preventive reasons, we are here to help.
Signs that You Need Brake Repair
There are several indicators that you might need brake repair. When you are driving, pay attention to the way your brakes respond. Here are a few warning signs that you need to have your brakes checked:
- Slow Response: If the car is slow to respond when you push the brakes, you won’t be able to stop in time. Pay attention to how much time is needed to bring your car to a complete stop.
- Pulsing: When the brake pedal pulses when your foot is pressing on the brake pedal, it could indicate that the rotors are warped and needs to be replaced.
- Veering: Pay attention to the way the car moves when you press the brakes. Have you noticed that it pulls to one side? Veering is an indication of a frozen caliper, which is a very dangerous situation.
- Squeaky Sounds: Do your wheels squeak or do you hear squeaking when you push the brakes? This noise is one of the most common symptoms that you might experience. It suggests that the metal part of your brake pads could be starting to rub on the rotors.
- Grinding: Grinding noises mean that your car needs brake repair immediately. At this point, it is usually full metal-on-metal grinding. Neglecting to have the brakes serviced when grinding is occurring will result in higher repair bills.
When you are behind the wheel, watch for these signs. If anything seems amiss, it is important that you take your car in for brake inspection and repair as soon as possible. You can also have the brake pads inspected when you go in for an oil change or any other service.
Why Do You Need Brake Repair?
Some people don’t understand why the brakes need to be repaired. Shouldn’t the brakes work without a problem? Over time, it is normal for brakes to wear down. The motion of the brake pads rubbing on the rotors eventually causes the pads to become thinner. This friction is needed to stop the vehicle, but it also wears away at the car parts.
Brake repair keeps your car in good condition. The safety of your family depends on the quality and performance of your car. The bottom line is, don’t delay regular maintenance and repairs that are needed. As a car owner, it is important to stay up-to-date with the regular maintenance tasks for your car.
Don’t be fooled into thinking that your brakes don’t need to be inspected. Failing to keep up with regular maintenance will result in higher repair bills later on. If you ignore the signs and continue driving a car with bad brake pads, you will be facing a higher repair bill. Eventually, the padding of the brake will wear away. At this point, it is metal-on-metal rubbing that grinds away at the rotors, which are not inexpensive to replace.
Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
At Newman’s Automotive, it is important for us to keep our customers happy. Our goal is to establish a long-lasting relationship with each person that visits our shop. Since your car needs ongoing maintenance and repairs, it makes sense to work with an auto mechanic that you can trust.
Every member of our team is well-trained and experienced with all types of brake repair. We know the best materials and the right methods to use. You can rest assured that we will provide the highest quality service when working on your vehicle.
Additionally, the budget is important to us. We know that it is essential to manage the cost of car maintenance. So, we offer reasonable prices on brake repair and other services that are available. We can handle both small and large repair jobs. We encourage you to contact our team anytime you have a question about car repairs.
Are you interested in learning more about brake repair in Austin, TX? You are invited to bring your car to our auto repair shop. We will inspect your brakes and make recommendations about services. You can drop in during business hours for first-come-first-serve services. Or, call us at Newman’s Automotive to minimize the waiting time. We will schedule an appointment for your brake repair services. Newman’s Automotive is at 3916 Woodbury Dr, Austin, TX 78704. You can contact our office by calling: (512) 447-7801.