About Newmans Automotive
Newman’s Automotive first opened the doors to its Austin auto repair shop in 1992 at its first location in the Ben White Business Park. At the time, owner David Newman had previous automotive experience from working in other auto shops as well as working in a gas station at a young age. In 1999, the shop moved to its current location where we continue to uphold our long standing reputation for outstanding workmanship and dedication to the care of our customers. Since our beginning, we have incorporated our core values and ethics to ensure you receive the best auto repair service in Austin.
Our Core Values
- Demonstrate Caring and Respect for our Customers and Employees
- Committed to Honesty & Integrity in our Business Activities
- Committed and Responsive to our Customer’s Needs
- Admired for our Technical Competence & Experience
- Value our Independence and the Objectivity it Provides in Serving our Customers
Our Business Code of Ethics
“Character is doing what’s right when nobody’s looking.” – J.C. Watts, Jr.
At Newman’s Automotive, we know that in order for a business to succeed, it must earn the respect and confidence of its customers. We believe that the most significant factor in earning your respect and confidence is to act and conduct business in an ethical manner. We have made a commitment to display leadership in ethical decisions by following these fundamental practices:
- To have a sense of personal obligation to each customer.
- To perform high quality repair service at a fair and just price.
- To offer the customer a price estimate for work to be performed.
- To recommend and explain which services are necessary to maintain the vehicle in safe working order and which are for preventive maintenance.
- To obtain prior authorization for all work performed.
- To notify the customer if appointments or completion promises cannot be kept.
- To use only products which are of high quality.
- To employ highly skilled staff and ensure that they conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- To enable replaced parts to given to the customer or inspected upon request.
- To exercise reasonable care for the customer’s property while it is in our possession.
- To provide or post copies of any warranties covering parts or services.